Friday, March 19, 2010

On this Friday...

I slept until 9:30.
I ate breakfast and drank my coffee.
I checked email, twitter, and facebook.
I motivated myself to get started on the "closet purge of highschool-ness".
I found many amusing objects of my past today.

I want to share with you some of the finds:

These are my dad's.  He won it at a men's BBQ event.  And it ended up in my closet.  

Dried Corsages from high school events.  These two are from my senior proms (yes, I went to 2).


These are from various other dances (homecoming one year and a military ball and junior prom).

A Battalion from 2006.
It was about Dr. Gates leaving A&M.

A box of old "boyfriend" stuff.  This box seriously made a few giggles escape.  HA!

SAT study books.  Because every 23-yo needs these after college.

A newspaper from my mom about pharmacists.  She sent this to me while I was still in college - and it ended up under my bed in her house.  Irony.

Good ol' American Girl stuff.  These won't be going anywhere.  They are safely stored back under my bed.

Yes, my mom was concerned about the spiders in my mail box.  She was so considerate!  (sorry it's sideways...it wouldn't cooperate)

The big letter my orchestra buddies in Georgia made me when I moved to Texas in 8th grade.  Hilarious.

These were a big deal back in '99.  At 13, I wanted nothing more than to fill it completely.  Now, I'm tempted to just take out the quarters that are in there and use them...

You know you swam for 10 years when...you find 2 shoeboxes full of ribbons and another much bigger box devoted to trophies and plaques.

Who would've guessed I'm the proud owner of an iPAQ?!?!  Yeah, I don't even know what it does either.  Maybe that's why it was under my bed...

So there was my exciting day.  It's really funny how you have to make a big mess to clean things out and organize.  My back does not like activities like this...and I've figured out that I do carry my stress in my shoulders.  Does anyone want to give me a good back rub?!  

Nah, it's okay.  I'll just take my anti-inflammatories and lay around the rest of the night.  Now I just have to organize things to go where they need to go.

Any idea what do to with old school stuff?!  That might be the hardest question of the day.  Ugh.  

Oh, yes...to finish off my day, my younger sister L made an entire meal from The Pioneer Woman's cookbook.

Meatloaf:
Mashed Potatoes:
Mocha-chocolate brownies:


It was really good.  A good way to finish off an exhausting day...too bad nothing relieves back pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment