Saturday, January 9, 2010

Strange

today, i happened to be in quite a strange, but good mood.  there's not really a reason.  i woke up a little later than i would have liked, showered, packed for my trip north, etc.  normal things.

maybe it's because i got a medium vanilla latte at mcdonald's for only $3 (which, btw, tastes a lot better than starbucks, if anyone asks).  maybe it was the cold weather.  i got to wear my A&M fleece today because it was friday - so that was an easy and comfortable wardrobe selection.  katy and i laughed a lot on the way to work this morning...

and then i got off at 3 pm.  glorious!  ran an errand to bed bath & beyond - got this really nice looking man to check me out of the store.  went home, talked to jules, packed the car, got gas, and left town.  then here comes the funny part.  i made a couple of wrong turns along my route to I45.  hehe.  so i drove for about 2 miles down a dirt road (why i kept going is beyond me).  the pot holes in the road made me slow down a whole lot.  honda civics were not made to handle a dirt road with pot holes.  just saying.  oh yes, all this is happening and jesse mccartney starts playing on my playlist.  haha.  it was too darn funny to me.  i passed a few trucks and the men waved.  how great!  anywho, i eventually turn back when it looked like a dead end and figure out where i messed up - and finally make it to the correct road.  then i continue along my journey. 

i wasn't really excited about all the driving i've elected to doing this weekend (it's like about 400 miles or something), but once i got going, i really didn't want to have a destination.  it was really nice to be able to think freely and have something to do (focus on my driving, of course).  last year, i rarely left home...and it felt soooo good to get up and leave, if only for about 30 hours.  i'm actually looking forward to the 7+ hours i'm driving tomorrow.  on a normal day, i would most definitely complain.  but as i've said, today was not normal. 

the other thing about today is that the time has passed by so quickly.  maybe it's because i didn't actually wear my watch.  but today is no longer today - it's actually yesterday.  and today was tomorrow...and will soon be yesterday.  i'm thinking it's time to curl up and dream about how my brother-in-law made a video of me playing the wii while flapping my wings like a bird.  it's going to turn into a nightmare...

No comments:

Post a Comment