Thursday, February 25, 2010

Alter-Egos

(yes, I am fully aware this post is not the awaited part 5 of my Germany Chronicles.  just try to be patient, okay?  it's a journey...and i'm experiencing all of the emotions first-hand all over again.) 

Anywho.  Lately, as I've been remodeling my blog, I have thought about the names artists give themselves.  Their alter-egos. 

Ree Drummond = The Pioneer Woman
Beyonce = Sasha Fierce
A fellow table member at Freedom = Everly Pleasant

So, it's definitely not an isolated event.  I know that it can't be forced.  But here's the thing: I really want one. 

I want to be able to sign my awesomely cool name at the end of my posts.  I mean, Erin Danae is great.  But I didn't get to choose that one. 

How does one go about choosing a name?  Is it circumstantial?  Random? Does it have to do with a major event in your life?  What if you choose something that you don't care for, and want to change it later?  Are you allowed to even think about changing it? 

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe some suggestions? 

Thanks for reading my ramble.
ED

No comments:

Post a Comment