Sunday, February 28, 2010

The rest of my weekend...

I've already talked about my Friday night as a single 23yo woman who works full time.  The rest of my weekend was a little bit more exciting.

On Saturday afternoon, I left CS to travel to Grand Prairie for a wedding shower in honor of one of my roommates:


This lovely lady is gettin' hitched in May to her high school sweetheart!  It's such a great story.  Anywho, I got to hang out with some fellow A&M grads...which helped me to see that I'm not the only one struggling to find my way.  

It became a joke of ours that when we accomplish things like folding a pair of pants that another employee is struggling to fold, we just acknowledge to ourselves "that's why we went to college".  I can't say how many times this statement has passed through my mind since actually graduating.  It's so true.  Little accomplishments...it's because I went to college.  It's a resume booster, right?

Okay, well, enough of that talk.  After the shower, we went to hang out with these cuties:
  

They're fun, Desmond and Jenny.  I enjoyed the time with both immensely.  We had quite the good time.  

Lindsey staring Desmond down.  She won.

Leslie and Meghan

Me, Lindsey, Jenny, Desmond, oh, and Leslie's toe...


After hanging out with them, we head back over to Leslie's parent's house...and play cards for a while.  Notice the ghost hands...


The next morning, after sleeping marvelously on Leslie's parent's leather couch, we went to church, got to eat a fabulous homemade meal and I got to take a nap!  Around 4, Meghan, Leslie and I packed up my small civic to head back to CS.  We were quite the loaded little car.  Along the way, we made a pit stop here:



If anyone was wondering, their kolaches are worth stopping for.  Just ask Meghan, who regretted her decision to only purchase one.  A little further down the road, we stopped at a historic site along the highway back to town.  Remember, this is a new concept for me...and my passengers got to participate this time!  Here are some pictures as the sun was setting on the Brazos Valley:


this building is as old as our house...



this little church is so great!

and my absolute favorite of the night:


For those of you who thought my Friday night was lame-sauce: maybe it was.  But it was in total preparation for the rest of my awesome weekend.  It's my hope that everyone enjoyed the warmer weather (finally!) and got to spend some time in the sun.  

Thanks for reading my ramble.
ED

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a fun weekend! I had fun with you!
    I agree, that picture of Meghan and the sunset is really great.

    ReplyDelete