Sunday, February 21, 2010

Something I've Never Done Before

Last weekend, on our way back from her 26.2 miles of knee-death, Leslie S and I saw a sign for a historical sign.  You've seen them...they're brown, and they are scattered along the little highways in the state of Texas.  I told her that one day, I just want to go ahead and stop and see what the signs say.  Since she couldn't really keep her eyes open and the weather was turning quite cold, we decided that afternoon was not ideal.


Today, however, had the perfect conditions: sun, slight breeze, and a little chill to maintain that awesome temperature.  On my way back to CS from D/FW, I took a state highway through some small towns.  It's the shortest distance.  You would not believe how many historical signs I saw!  I decided that today was not going to be better than any other day...so I stopped at one in Old Springfield.


Many cars passed by me while I was stopped...and really, there wasn't a lot of scenery (the trees behind the sign are about it).  BUT I did something to further my curiousity about the state of Texas.  Aren't you proud?  

Next time, you should stop and see what our state has to offer.  


 


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE historical markers!! We should explore some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Jules. Every time I go on a road trip, I'm stopping for at lease one. I'm going to take advantage of them!

    ReplyDelete