Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Taking Residence at the Marriott

This week, I am traveling to Ft. Worth to help my boss with her construction academy.  When she asked me to join her last week, I was so stinking excited!  I got to travel with her last October, and it just feels about time to get away and have some alone time.  The last several days, I've been very content to just be by myself.  To some, I look anti-social.  But it's what we introverted extroverts have to do sometimes.  Being around my roommates and our frequent visitors like Sarah and Johan, Leslie S, Anhela, Joann, Cyna, and Val (just to name a few) is quite life-giving.  I enjoy our Shalom Shack hang out nights.  They are always great.  But as for me and my sanity, sometimes it's just good to get away.  


So, this is the reasoning behind me being so psyched about having my own HUGE hotel suite to myself.  I think it's so awesome that I really want to show you what it looks like.  When I first walked in, my mouth fell open to the floor. I was in complete awe.  




The living room, complete with a desk, complimentary internet access, a pull-out sofa, a chair, and a tv.


The kitchen.  That's right...I have my own full-size fridge, sink, microwave, toaster, 2-burner stove AND a dishwasher.  If only I had any food to cook.  My grandmother did help me out with an apple and some crackers after dinner tonight.  She's so sweet :)


The bedroom.  It has a tv to the right of the door.  So that means I have 2 tvs for one person.  Now how do I choose which one to watch?  I think I'll just stick to the complimentary internet :)


From the bedroom to the bathroom.  I'm definitely looking forward to taking my bubble bath later.

So now you know that I'm living in luxury in Ft. Worth for the next two nights.  I'm quite excited about this alone time and my new laptop so I'm not disconnected from the world.  Maybe that's an oxymoron?  I want alone time - but to not be disconnected.  Hmmm.  I guess the reality is that I will always need to have contact with the outside world.  

I'll try to work on my next Dear John post over the next few days.  No promises.  Life gets busy when you're on the road.  Okay, my aching back is telling me it's time to go soak for awhile.  

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. glad my tax dollars are going to good use :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm here until friday afternoon...and then i'm headed to dallas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh shoot! We're going to Boerne for my sister-in-laws baby shower, which is exciting cause she's having twin girls, but sad because it would happen that the weekend you're here, I'm not.

    boo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, I was thinking about calling to see ya'll on Sunday afternoon before I left town, but I hadn't gotten that far. Sad say that ya'll aren't here. I'll just have to come back!

    ReplyDelete